Statutory Undertakers Searches / C2 Process
Select, as the longest running company in this field, have over 20 years experience in the UK of collating buried service information. To date we have collated many millions of kilometres of utility plan information for every type of utility installation and local authority, government bodies and independents.
With our extensive knowledge of the industry we can quickly identify which companies have services buried within any given location ensuring we always apply to all affected parties. The results of our searches are collated into legible, and often bespoke, ‘Safe Dig’ packs before being passed on to our clients on completion. Loose plans can also be provided and all information is securely retained digitally for future reference and re-submission if required. We also provide a CD or memory stick with the information to our client at their request enabling the client to re-produce the information.
- Gazetteer and our own database of utility holders are used to apply for information.
- Complete tracking of enquiry from initial request to delivery.
- Sign off procedure for client and their operatives within presentation.
- Hard and soft copies available.
- Digital archiving of information
- Varying levels and options of reporting, information, collation and liaison including;
- Digital Job Packs
- A3 on-site robust Job Packs – ideal for digging gangs’ use
- High Risk Schedules
- Composite CAD drawings of all utilities transcribed from plans onto OS base or client topographical drawing
- Detailed report on utilities within site and advice if requested
- Liaison with utility companies regarding utility diversions, crossing of their plant etc
A full turnaround can be achieved within 14 to 30 days dependent on job size and output required.
Express Service – Life threatening utilities information can often be made available in 48 to 72 hours.
Emergency Service – in real emergencies Select Surveys have been able to produce information within an hour. (Please note that this is only for genuine emergencies)
Digital job pack compilation
After carrying out statutory undertakers searches the information can be compiled and presented in a digital format. This, our clients find, is ideal for office based operatives to view buried services information during both the planning and development stages of excavation works. This service is particularly beneficial in terms of a space saving solution and reducing paper usage, therefore contributing, if only minimally, to environmental conservation.
Digital job pack compilation features:
- Preparation of utility information in digital format
- Ideal for CDM files and archiving of information
- Powerpoint or PDF presentation
- To hand should you need to run additional copies off at short notice
We take pride in giving exceptional service. No matter how big the project or how small the request, we strive for excellence in our response.